We also have an extensive Video and PDF Library that talks in-depth about today’s latest treatment options of the foot and ankle!
Innovative Diagnostic Technology
All of our podiatric physicians have extensive training and experience to bring you the latest in medical and surgical treatments of the foot and ankle.
Ultrasound is sound that has a frequency higher than the range of human hearing which is 20,000 cycles/second or 20 kHz. Ultrasound simply describes sound that has a pitch too high for us to hear.
Images viewed with diagnostic ultrasound appear in ranging shades from bright Lite-hyperechoic indicating a boney structure to soft tissue structures appearing Grey-hyperechoic or even black-anechoic. Our podiatric physicians commonly utilize this technology to evaluate many podiatric concerns.
- Achilles Tendon injuries
- Retrocalcaneal bursitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Plantar fibromas
- Heel spur pain
- Tendon pain and injuries around the ankle
- Rheumatoid arthritis
The F-Scan System
The F-Scan In-Shoe System combines practical biomechanics with computer technology to revolutionize the diagnostic process. Whether used to determine the dynamic interaction of normal footwear with or without orthoses, review gait abnormalities or evaluate the potential or result of surgery, the F-Scan offers instantaneous data at every critical phase. The F-Scan enhances our ability to obtain dynamic functional information on the high-risk foot.
- Screening diabetics and other neuropathic patients
- Observing gait abnormalities
- Regulating weight bearing after surgery
- Monitoring degenerative foot disorders
- Determining ray hypermobility Intermediate determination of orthotic efficiency
- Pre and post surgical evaluations Identifying areas of potential ulceration
- Determining degree of pronation or supination