Innovative Diagnostic Technology
Want to learn more? Read up on our Common Foot Ailments and Specialty Services or Latest Treatment Options!
We also have an extensive Video and Foot Health Facts that talks in-depth about today’s latest treatment options of the foot and ankle!
All of our podiatric physicians have extensive training and experience to bring you the latest in medical and surgical treatments of the foot and ankle.
Ultrasound is sound that has a frequency higher than the range of human hearing which is 20,000 cycles/second or 20 kHz. Ultrasound simply describes sound that has a pitch too high for us to hear.
Images viewed with diagnostic ultrasound appear in ranging shades from bright Lite-hyperechoic indicating a boney structure to soft tissue structures appearing Grey-hyperechoic or even black-anechoic. Our podiatric physicians commonly utilize this technology to evaluate many podiatric concerns.
- Achilles Tendon injuries
- Retrocalcaneal bursitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Plantar fibromas
- Heel spur pain
- Tendon pain and injuries around the ankle
- Rheumatoid arthritis
The F-Scan System
- Screening diabetics and other neuropathic patients
- Observing gait abnormalities
- Regulating weight bearing after surgery
- Monitoring degenerative foot disorders
- Determining ray hypermobility Intermediate determination of orthotic efficiency
- Pre and post surgical evaluations Identifying areas of potential ulceration
- Determining degree of pronation or supination